If you are a real car enthusiast, most probably you want your car to stand out. Exclusive looks makes your car special, eye-catching and of course makes you feel way better as well. But sometimes it is not that easy to achieve exclusive looks without significant investments which are not affordable to everyone. Installation of unique car decal is one of the low-cost but high impact options. Yet, this time we will talk about another option - car lights tinting. It is fairly cheap and fast upgrade, but results may be stunning. However, there are some pros and cons that you should think through before tinting your lights.
So let’s start with positive attitude and let’s talk about pros of car lights tinting:
- First, tinting your lights gives you a sporty and a bit spicy car looks. Depending on your taste and film option, you may end up with an aggressive, original, soft or girly style. There are a full range of film color options that you may choose for tinting: from lightly smoked to almost black, yellow or pink. So, this is a chance for you to show your originality and creativity. With proper choice you may end up with really cool results.
- Second, tinting your lights can help you to keep them new and good-looking. Most of us know that car lights tend to wear, get yellow or become ugly dull. It is caused mostly by dusts and sun’s UV rays. Tinting your lights with protective film can prevent this damage and keep them pretty simultaneously preserving original visibility.
- Third, tinting your lights in a certain color may indicate your attitude and dependence to a particular cultural group. For example, tinting fog lights with a yellow color is usually related with JDM style. Therefore, such choice demonstrates driver’s admiration towards JDM cars and whole JDM cultural group.
- Finally, tinting your car lights may improve the visibility. But just in some cases. One of the cases is tinting fog lights with yellow color which provides better visibility in bad weather conditions. Another one is tinting your lights with clear film which so preserves the original visibility.
Now let’s look at cons of car light tinting:
- First and most important, it is fairly dangerous and illegal in many locations (check your local regulations before installation). Tinting film has an impact on the light coming out of your car lights. That means that tinting your headlights may be especially dangerous because that diminishes the visibility. However, you should also keep in mind that tinting the tail lights with very dark film makes your car less visible from the back which is dangerous either. So, it is better to stick with just lightly smoked color which provides a nice style but still keeps appropriate safety level.
- Second, with a bad choice of film color you may end up with cheesy looks which is the opposite of what you want to achieve. Therefore, consult someone with taste and style before you decide. If you’re lucky, maybe your girlfriend can be the best stylist you can get ;)
What conclusion can we draw out of these pros and cons?
- It definitely can improve your car looks;
- Fog lights are the best choice for tinting cause no one can ban you from doing that;
- Tail lights are OK if done wisely (our light black tint is a wise choice);
- It is a perfect chance for you to reveal your styling talent and finally stand out.
Check what we have to suggest for you and get back to us with photos of your bad ass (your car of course, but no problem if you send us your girlfriend’s photo).